MASTER’S DEGREE IN SPANISH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE. FIRST PHASE
The Universidad de Salamanca, through its department of Cursos Internacionales, in collaboration with the Spanish Ministry of Education of the Embassy of Spain in the United States, offers two courses for teacher’s training. These courses aims at those professionals of the teaching of the Spanish language who wish to refresh or extend their knowledge in the field of the Spanish language, the Hispanic cultures and the methodology of the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
DateJune 27th, 2022 - July 29th, 2022
Registration dateNovember 2nd, 2021 - May 17th, 2022
Participants: the course aims at teachers of Spanish as a foreign language, K12 Grades and
Duration: Five weeks
Timetable: Eight hours in the morning and afternoon
Number of participants per group: Minimum of 30 and maximum of 40
OBJECTIVESProvide teachers and professionals of the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language with a specialized training in this area, which allows them to obtain a Master’s degree of the Universidad de Salamanca.
CONTENTSThe course consists of 480 face-to-face hours arranged as follows:
A) 400 face-to-face hours, in two phases:
First phase: 200 hours (from June 27 to July 29, 2022).
Second phase: 200 hours (first week of June and 4 weeks in July, 2023).
B) Master’s Degree final Project.
Students must carry out a project, essay or report that involves an integrating exercise of the training received throughout the degree. Students are required to apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired during the course.
Students will carry out the project in an individual way, with the advice of a teacher-tutor.
- Total prize (first and second phase): 5160€
- First phase: 2580 €
- Second phase (first week of June and 4 weeks in July): 2580 €
- Total prize of 5160 € includes: 200 hours (1 st phase) and 200 hours (2 nd phase); full board accommodation from June 27 rd (from 5pm) to July 29 th , 2022 (until 12pm); and 1 week in June and 4 weeks in July, 2023, in a student residence (single room) or with a host family (single room), medical insurance and certificate issuance fees.
- No refund will be made once the course has begun.
- Those interested in taking part in any complementary activity will pay directly to the Universidad de Salamanca.
ADDRESSESTeachers of Spanish at non-university levels and Community Colleges.
- Teachers of Spanish as a foreign language for Spanish-speaking students or those enrolled in bilingual or immersion programs
- Teachers of other subjects
- Teaching professionals and educational managers
- Graduates and graduates-to-be with teaching expectations
REQUIREMENTSDo not hold the Spanish nationality.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, at least three years of teaching experience and a Higher / Advanced language level (C1) for master's degrees.
Students wishing to take this Master’s degree must provide the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Current employment and starting date
- Name of the working center and address
- Previous employments and working centers (maximum of three)
- Explain the reasons why you want to take this Master’s degree (200 words approx.)